Sex in the “Dirty Thirties”
January 3, 2012 § Leave a Comment
They say 30 is the new 20, but I think that’s a crock of shit. We all know it isn’t. We have more bills, responsibility and life issues than folks in their 20′s. I wish someone would have warned me about the “dirty thirties”. No one told me that my sex drive (and that of other 30-somethings) would be comparable to that of a horny teenage boy. I can’t be the only one that wants it all the damn time. I’ve even noticed that I masturbate way more now than I ever did in my 20′s. Sex is different in this age group, but not necessarily in a bad way. Here’s a few ways to make it better:
1. Stay healthy & fit: I know, I’m the queen of junk food, booze and other unspeakable bad habits and I pay for it in the sack. Let’s be real, at 30+ your body doesn’t quite operate the way it did when you were younger. I’m notorious for being achy the day after sex and its because I’m out of shape. So get your ass on a treadmill and watch what you put in your mouth (I mean nutrition! Pervs)
2. Be safe: I shouldn’t have to tell your old ass this. If you are single, there is absolutely NO reason you shouldn’t be protecting yourself EVERY TIME! You know better, you know what can happen if you don’t so stay on top of your pills, shots, and always have rubbers.
3. Keep your legs closed/keep it in your pants: I know you are thinking I’m being a hypocrite, but I’m really not. At this age, we should be past the need to fuck everything that moves. Pick one person, and have sex with that one person. Its much safer than bed-hopping. I’m not saying you need to be in relationship, but a monogamous sexual relationship is something to definitely consider.
4. Make time for sex: Since we are “grown” now, we have to do grown up shit which usually means we are very busy. It doesn’t mean you can’t have fun. Make sure you set aside time to “get some” or at the very least set aside time to get some of “yourself”.
5. If you’re married, give it up!: No, I don’t mean get a divorce, I’m saying make sure you give your partner some. Its rough for us 30 somethings that are single, but its even more difficult if you are married, have kids, etc. Make sure you schedule some play time.
Sex in your 30′s is awesome. At this age, we know what we like, what makes us climax and we may even have some signature moves at this age. It may be difficult at times, but sex is healthy, not to mention fun so get out there and get lucky!